12-10-2011

Mad as a hatter

I have a few obsessions, and one of them is Alice in Wonderland. I love the book, the movie, and the flamingo's. But my favourite character is definitely the Mad Hatter. I think most people are so boring and everyone thinks inside the box. The Mad Hatter is someone who definitely doesn't. And like I told in the post about the Circus I love people who are open-minded!


And another reason to love Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Hatter are the ubercool hats! Last fashionweek I saw lots of them on the catwalk, and I chose the coolest hats to show you! I think to design hats like this, you need to be quite mad...




 From top right to bottom left: Carlotta Actis Barone, Louise Gray, Jen Kao, and Ashley Isham.
And some dark magic by AF Vandevorst and Alice Lee:
These are just some hats, but Alice in Wonderland has often been an inspiration for fashion and jewellery. But personally I think that's kind of 'been there, done that' so I prefer clothes that remind me on Alice in Wonderland instead of clothes that are purposedly                             'Alice in Wonderland'-ish. I found these clothes that totally have the fairytale-factor!


Clothes by Meadham Kirchhof and Ashish, that fairytales on their own!
Do you wear hats? To be honest I'm little afraid to wear them, they seem to be so... enthousiastic. Any suggestions?



Love, F


Mad as a hatter

1 opmerking:

  1. Your new blog is nice ! I personnally don't wear that much hat, I had a too big head xD

    kisses
    hannah
    http://elegantesque.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen